MH CET (MHT CET) Medical
MH-CET is the Common Entrance Test for the selection to all health science courses in the State of Maharashtra in all Government/Municipal colleges, Government-aided Health Science institutions as well as private medical colleges that choose for admission through MH CET.
For selection to all health science degree courses (MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BUMS, BPTh, BOTh, BP&O, BASLP and BSc Nursing), the Director, Medical Education and Research (DMER), Mumbai is the Competent Authority. Similarly, the Registrar, Maharashtra Animal and Fisheries Science University, Nagpur is the authority for selection to BVSc & AH degree courses.
For programs in health sciences, the Director of Medical Education and Research, Mumbai formulates the guidelines and the merit list of MHT-CET is taken into consideration for admission to courses viz. MBBS/ BDS/BSc. Nursing/BAMS/BHMS, BUMS, BPTh, BOTh, BASLP and BP&O offered by all government medical colleges in Maharashtra.
MH CET 2014 Exam Dates
- Maharashtra Common Entrance Test will be held on Thursday, 8 May 2014.
- For further important dates, visit MH CET exam dates page.
MH CET 2014 Courses
- MBBS: Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery
- BDS: Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- BAMS: Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery
- BHMS: Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery
- BUMS: Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery
- BOTh: Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- BPTh: Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- BASLP: Bachelor of Audiology & Speech, Language Pathology
- BP&O: Bachelor in Prosthetics and Orthotics
- B.Sc. Nursing: Bachelor of Science Nursing
MH CET 2014 Application Procedure
You can register online for for MHCET 2014 at "www.mhcet2014.co.in" and pay the application fee at any of the branches of SBI.
Rs.800 (open candidates)
Rs.600 (reservation category)
MH CET 2014 Eligibility Criteria
1. The candidate should be a citizen of India.
2. The candidate should have attained the minimum age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission. In order to seek admission in Ayurveda and Unani courses, the candidate should have attained the minimum age of 17 Years as on 1st October of the Year of admission.The upper age limit for the candidates is fixed as 25 Years as on 31st December of the Year of admission. However, relaxation of five years is there for SC/ST candidates.
3. The candidate can attempt MHT-CET 2014 for three times only.
4. The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in science stream (Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics) from an institution situated in the state of Maharashtra. For engineering program, the candidates should have studied Mathematics as a subject of study at 10+2 level.
5. For admission into MBBS, BAMS, BDS, and BSc. Nursing, the candidates are required to obtain minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English put together at HSC (or equivalent) examination. Exemption of 10% is there for SC/ST candidates.
6. For admission into MBBS, BDS Courses, the candidates should have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology put together at Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET 2014).
7. For BUMS program, the candidates are required to pass senior secondary examination with Urdu as a subject of study.
8. The candidates, who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination outside Maharashtra, are eligible, provided they fulfill the Domicile criteria.
MH CET 2014 Exam Pattern
The MH CET will consist of three question papers. Each paper is of 100 marks. All questions will be objective type.
- Paper I: Physics & Chemistry (50 marks each)
- Paper II: Biology (Botany & Zoology - 50 marks each)
- Paper III: Mathematics (100 Marks)
Each answer with correct response shall be awarded one (1) mark. There is no Negative Marking. No mark shall be awarded for marking two or more answers of same question, scratching or overwriting. There will be three papers of one and half hours each.
The syllabi of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics for the MH CET will be the same as the syllabus for HSC Examination of HSC Boards of Maharashtra.
MH CET Contact Details
Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State
3, Mahapalika Marg
Post Box No.1967, Mumbai 400 001
Phone No: 91-022-2264 1150, 2264 1151, 2262 0601, 2269 0602
Fax No: 91-022-2269 2102
E-Mail: [email protected]
Directorate of Medical Education & Research
Govt. Dental College & Hospital Building, St. George's Hospital
Compound, Near V.T., Mumbai - 400 001
Tel. No: +91-22-22620361-65
Fax No. +91-22-22620562/22652168
Help Line Numbers For MH CET 2014
- For Engineering & Pharmacy Courses :- (022) 30233-444 / 445 / 446
- For Health Science Courses :- (022) 22620363/64 (Ext. 317/323), 22652257/59