Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences
Updated on: Mar 20, 2013
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences, the deemed University was founded in 2003. The institute is situated at Loni in Ahmednagar region. This university provides around 20 medical and related courses at postgraduate degree level, seven medical courses at postgraduate diploma level, four courses at undergraduate level, three courses at diploma level and three courses at certificate level. Pravara Institute of Medical Science has been operating six institutions. The university provides foreign and NRI students for elective training. The institute is also active in research activities in numerous areas.
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences was given a status of Deemed University from 29th September, 2004 by Human Resource Development Ministry, Govt. of India. It has six constituent institutions i.e,
- Rural Dental College, Loni: affiliated by DCI
- Rural Medical College, Loni: affiliated by MCI
- College of Physiotherapy, Loni: affiliated by Indian Association of Physiotherapist
- College of Nursing, Loni: affiliated by Nursing Council of India
- Centre for Biotechnology, Loni: affiliated by UGC or HRD
- Institute of Social Medicine, Loni: approved by UGC or HRD
For every academic year, it operates All India Common Entrance Test (AICET) for admissions for the diverse programmes. Every academic year, it admits students for M.B.B.S., M.D., M.S., B.D.S., B.P.Th., M.P.Th., B.Sc.-Nursing, and M.Sc. - Medical Biotechnology and Diploma courses provided through different component Colleges or Institutions.
The courses provided by different Institutions or Colleges are as follows:
- Rural Dental College: B.D.S., M.D.S., Diploma courses.
- Rural Medical College: M.B.B.S., M.D., M.S., PG Diploma courses.
- College of Physiotherapy: B.P.Th, M.P.Th.
- College of Nursing: B.Sc. (Nursing), P.B.B.Sc. (Nursing)
- Centre for Biotechnology: M.Sc. (Medical Biotechnology), Five Year integrated course in M.Sc. medical biotechnology.
- Centre for Social Medicine: M.Sc. (Rural Health) P.G. Diploma in epidemiology and health management
- Health Care & Medicine
For further information related to PIMS Maharashtra, click on the links provided below: