MHT CET 2012
However, the selection process for each degree course in Health Sciences, Engineering and Pharmacy is different. For selection to Health Science degree courses, The Director, Medical Education and Research (DMER), Mumbai is the Competent Authority. For selection to Engineering and Pharmacy Degree Courses, The Director, Technical Education (DTE), Mumbai will be the Competent Authority and the Authority for selection to BVSc & AH degree course is The Registrar, Maharashtra Animal and Fisheries Science University, Nagpur.
The seats in Health Science Courses are at all Government/Municipal Corporation and Government aided Health Science institutions. The respective Competent Authorities shall devise the system of Counseling and Selection.
For programs in health sciences, the Director of Medical Education and Research, Mumbai formulates the guidelines and the merit list of MHT-CET is taken into consideration for admission to courses viz. MBBS/ BDS/BSc. Nursing/BAMS/BHMS, BUMS, BPTh, BOTh, BASLP and BP&O offered by all government medical colleges in Maharashtra.
IMPORTANT NEWS: no cet, only cmat in maharashtra from 2013
MHT CET 2012 Exam Dates
- Maharashtra Common Entrance Test will be held on Thursday, 10th May 2012.
MHT CET 2012 Important Dates
- A single Application form and three Brochures (Health Science, Engineering and Pharmacy) will be
made available from 19/03/2012.
- Maharashtra Common Entrance Test will be held on Thursday, 10th May 2012
- Last date for receipt of form 31 March 2012.
- Sale of Application Form with information brochures and submission of Application Form at respective Jr. College / High School and at Divisional Authorities (For candidates who have appeared/passed HSC (12th Std.) or equivalent examination from Outside Maharashtra) : 19/03/2012 to 31/03/2012
MHT CET 2012 NotificationGovernment of Maharashtra shall conduct a single combined Common Entrance Test MHT-CET-2012 for all Health Sciences, Engineering and Pharmacy degree courses for the academic year 2012-2013. The said Common Entrance Test will be held on Thursday, 10th May 2012. For complete MHT CET 2012 Notification, click here.
MHT CET 2012 Courses
- Bachelor of Technology (B Tech)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE)
- Bachelor of Science (B Sc (Nursing)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm)
- Bachelor of Vetenary Science and Animal Husbandry (BVSc, AH)
MHT CET 2012 Application Procedure
1. A single Application Form and three information Brochures for MHT CET
(Health Science, Engineering and Pharmacy) will be available at Junior
2. School where student has studied for HSC (12th Std examination). Prescribed application forms as per the requirement shall be obtained by Head Master/Principal of the college from the Principal/Dean of the notified college in the district.
3. The cost of MHT CET Application Form along with the Information Brochures of MHT CET -2010 and the Examination fee is Rs.700/- for open category, and Rs.500/- for reserve category candidate. This amount is not refundable.
The candidates from outside Maharashtra (OMS) can
purchase application form and information brochure(s) of MHT CET 2012
from any divisional authority office as mentioned in annexure-A by
submitting demand draft of Rs 700/- drawn in favour of competent
authority, MHT CET, Mumbai payable at Mumbai, drawn on any scheduled
4. The School/Junior College should submit two separate demand drafts / pay orders, one for open category candidates, another for reserve category candidates drawn in favour of Competent Authority (MH CET), Mumbai, on any scheduled commercial Bank, payable at Mumbai, to the Notified College while collecting application forms.
5. Duly filled Application Form should be submitted by the candidate to the same Junior College/School, from where he/she has passed / appearing for HSC or equivalent examination, on or before the prescribed date.
6. All candidates who for any reason whatsoever are not able to receive Application Forms through the School / Jr. College should collect it from office of Divisional Authority of his / her area (by giving a Demand draft as detailed above), but he / she has to submit it through his/her School / Jr. College (college where he / she studied 12th Std).
7. For Candidates who have passed HSC or Equivalent exam from Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), the place of submission of application Form, collection of Receipt cum identity card and Admit Card shall be as given in the following order:
1. Defence (D1 & D2): Divisional Authority of their Parent's district of domicile.
2. Defence (D3): Divisional Authority of their place of posting.
3. State Govt. Employee (Transferred Out of Maharashtra): Divisional Authority of place of original / initial posting before transfer / deputation.
4. State Govt. Employee (Transferred back to Maharashtra): Divisional Authority of place of posting
5. Central Govt. Employee (Transferred to Maharashtra): Divisional Authority of place of posting
6. MKB candidates of Bidar District & Gulbarga District: Notified College Govt. Medical College, Latur.
7. MKB candidates of Belgaum District & Karwar District: Notified College - R.C.S.M. Govt. Medical College, Kolhapur
8. For Outside Maharashtra candidates excluding above types [Eligible only for BVSc. &AH, Engineering & Pharmacy courses]: Office of any Divisional Authority as given in Annexure A
Maharashtra CET 2012 Admission Procedure
Maharashtra government has come up with a set of established rules for
admitting students in the vacant seats left with various colleges after
the Centralized admission process is over. Step by step admission
1.) Combined CET for Engineering or Technology, Pharmacy and Health Science Courses (MHT-CET)
2.) CET is applicable for Maharashtra and Outside State candidates also.
3.) First three rounds are through centralized allotment process by Direct Allotment for Maharashtra and All India (AIEEE).
4.) Fourth Round by is a Centralized Counseling process on the basis of MHTCET marks only for Maharashtra candidates.
5.) Seats remaining vacant after fourth round to be filled at Institute level with the Priorities specified. For Govt. Institutes, on the basis of MHTCET-2011 marks. For Unaided Institutes as per guideline in Information Brochure.
MHT CET 2012 Eligibility Criteria1. The candidate should be a citizen of India.
2. The candidate should have attained the minimum age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission. In order to seek admission in Ayurveda and Unani courses, the candidate should have attained the minimum age of 17 Years as on 1st October of the Year of admission.The upper age limit for the candidates is fixed as 25 Years as on 31st December of the Year of admission. However, relaxation of five years is there for SC/ST candidates.
3. The candidate can attempt MHT-CET 2012 for three times only.
4. The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in science stream (Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics) from an institution situated in the state of Maharashtra. For engineering program, the candidates should have studied Mathematics as a subject of study at 10+2 level.
5. For admission into MBBS, BAMS, BDS, and BSc. Nursing, the candidates are required to obtain minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English put together at HSC (or equivalent) examination. Exemption of 10% is there for SC/ST candidates.
6. For admission into MBBS, BDS Courses, the candidates should have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology put together at Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET 2012).
7. For BUMS program, the candidates are required to pass senior secondary examination with Urdu as a subject of study.
8. The candidates, who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination outside Maharashtra, are eligible, provided they fulfill the Domicile criteria.
MHT CET 2012 Exam PatternThe MHT CET will consist of three question papers. Each paper is of 100 marks. All questions will be objective type.
- Paper I: Physics & Chemistry (50 marks each)
- Paper II: Biology (Botany & Zoology - 50 marks each)
- Paper III: Mathematics (100 Marks)
The syllabi of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics for the MHT CET will be the same as the syllabus for HSC Examination of HSC Boards of Maharashtra.
MHT CET Contact Details
Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State
3, Mahapalika Marg
Post Box No.1967, Mumbai 400 001
Phone No: 91-022-2264 1150, 2264 1151, 2262 0601, 2269 0602
Fax No: 91-022-2269 2102
Directorate of Medical Education & Research
Govt. Dental College & Hospital Building, St. George's Hospital
Compound, Near V.T., Mumbai - 400 001
Tel. No: +91-22-22620361-65
Fax No. +91-22-22620562/22652168
Help Line Numbers For MHT CET 2012
- For Engineering & Pharmacy Courses :- (022) 30233-444 / 445 / 446
- For Health Science Courses :- (022) 22620363/64 (Ext. 317/323), 22652257/59