DMER PGM CET 2012
DMER PGM CET 2012 Exam Dates
- Date of Examination : 29/01/2012 (Sunday)
a) Entry in Examination Hall: 09.15 a.m.
b) Distribution of answer sheets: 09.40 a.m.
c) Distribution of question booklets: 09.50 a.m.
d) Examination Commences: 10.00 a.m.
e) Latest Entry permitted in Examination Hall: 10.00 a.m.
f) Examination concludes: 01.30 p.m.
For latest dates of PGM CET 2012 DMER Maharashtra Click Here.
DMER PGM CET 2012 Important Dates
- Sale & submission of information brochure and application forms at Notified Centers : 16/12/2011 to 02/01/2012
- Issue of Admit Cards (at the Notified Center where the candidate has submitted the Application Form) : 20/01/2012 to 27/01/2012
- Declaration of Provisional Result and Provisional Merit List : 15/02/2012
- Last Date of Submission of Application form for Verification of Marks at office of the Designated Authority (Place - Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Aurangabad): 18/02/2012
- Declaration of final Merit List : 23/02/2012
- Distribution of Mark sheet at Notified Center where application form is submitted : From 27/02/2012
- Preference Form filling & Counselling : 4th week of March 2012
- Publication of first selection list : 1st week of April 2012
DMER PGM CET 2012 Application Form1. The Competent Authority shall issue prescribed application form along with information Brochure containing procedures for admission to postgraduate courses. An applicant seeking admission to the PGM-CET - 2012 will be required to submit single prescribed computerized scanable application form which is provided with this brochure.
2. The information Brochure and Computerized Application Form will be available for sale at all Notified centre from 16/12/2011 to 02/01/2012 and should be submitted in person at any notified center from 16/12/2011 to 02/01/2012, excluding Sundays and State Government Holidays.
3. The cost of the Information Brochure along with Computerized Application Form of PGM-CET 2012 and the examination fee is `1800/- to be paid by a Demand Draft/Pay Order drawn on any nationalized/scheduled commercial bank in favour of the Director, Medical Education & Research, Mumbai payable at Mumbai. This amount is not refundable.
4. PGM-CET-2012 will be conducted at Mumbai, Pune, Aurangabad and Nagpur centres. Candidate can choose the centre for examination as per his choice and indicate the same in application form. Such choice once exercised will be final and binding.
5. Original documents/certificates should not be attached with the application form however these original certificates should be shown at the time of submission of application form.
6. Candidates should submit Computerized Application form in person. Form send/submitted by courier/post will be rejected.
7. In-service candidates should submit Computerized Scanable Application form to the concerned Authorities (DHS, ESIS & BMC).
8. Candidate should preserve the following:
(i) receipt-cum-identity card,
(ii) Information Brochure for subsequent use.
9. Application forms of the candidates (other than In-service candidates) shall be received by the Notified Centres.
DMER PGM CET 2012 Eligibility CriteriaEligibility criteria for appearing into PGMCET 2012 and taking admission into Medical Postgraduate courses is given as under.
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian National.
- Educational Qualification:
Eligibility for the personal counselling roundThe following candidates are Eligible for Personal Counseling round
(a) All PGM-CET-2012 candidates who have filled the preference form and to whom a seat has not been allotted in the previous round(s) of admission.
(b) All such candidates to whom though a seat was allotted in the previous round(s) and though such candidates joined the college accordingly by completing necessary formalities under these Rules, did not submit the Status Retention Forms on or before the date/s prescribed by the Competent Authority.
(c) All such candidates to whom though a seat was allotted in the All India Postgraduate admission process in a College situated in Maharashtra, but voluntarily surrendered the seat by giving an application before the prescribed date and the said seat is added to the State quota.
(d) All such candidates to whom a seat is allotted through PGM CET 2012 in the previous round(s) and joined the college, but resigned the seat will be eligible for personal counseling round.
DMER PGM CET 2012 Exam Pattern
All eligible candidates are required to take the PGM CET at their own
cost. The PGM CET 2012 will be conducted on Sunday, 29TH January 2012,
from 10.00 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. No entry will be permitted to the candidate
in the examination hall after 10.00 a.m. for any reason whatsoever.
The examination will be conducted in English Medium. PGM CET paper will be of 3 and 1/2 hours duration containing 300 multiple choice questions (MCQs). Each question will be of single best response objective type with four answer options. Each correct response shall be awarded one mark. There shall be NO NEGATIVE MARKING for wrong answers.The tentative number of questions of each subject are given as under.
- Anatomy - 15
- Physiology - 15
- Biochemistry - 15
- Pharmacology - 20
- Pathology - 25
- Microbiology - 20
- Forensic Medicine - 10
- Medicine - 30
- Preventive & Social Medicine - 25
- Surgery - 22
- Dermatology & Veneriology - 7
- ENT - 7
- Orthopaedics - 10
- Paediatrics - 15
- Obstetrics - 14
- Gynaecology - 6
- Radio-diagnosis - 8
- Radiotherapy - 4
- Biophysics - 5
- Ophthalmology - 10
- Anaesthesia - 7
- Psychiatry - 10
DMER PGM CET 2012 Selection Procedure1. The candidates will give their preferences through a process "Preference form filling process" which will be notified. The schedule, seat distribution and procedure regarding preference form filling process and details of further admission process will be made available in the preference form brochure to the eligible candidates and on the website.
A candidate should be present for filling preference form. The selection to a course/college will be made considering his/her Final State Merit List Number and preferences given by the candidate. Candidates as per State Merit List (SML) Number will be called for counselling and asked to fill the preference form.
2. Counselling will be carried out at Govt. Medical Colleges of Mumbai, Pune, Aurangabad & Nagpur. Counselling sessions are not meant for instant seat allocation at these centers. During these sessions, candidates are assisted in exercising their preferences for various courses and the institutions. Seat allocation shall be made centrally at a later date on the basis of PGM-CET-2012 Final State Merit List (SML) and preferences exercised by the candidate.
3. Selection Process shall include the following:
a. The candidate should present personally to fill the preference form. Proxy will not be permitted. The candidate should submit only one preference form. Submission of more than one preference form shall lead to disqualification. The preference form brochure shall be available at the office of the Designated Authority, i.e. Grant Medical College, Mumbai, B.J.Medical College Pune, Govt. Medical College, Nagpur & Govt. Medical College, Aurangabad. DMER, Mumbai
b. At the time of filling the Preference form the candidate should bring all original documents and a set of attested copies of the same in support of claim made in application form i.e. Caste Certificate, Caste Validity Certificate, and non-creamy layer certificate. If the matter is still pending with Hon'ble Court, candidate should submit a fresh Court order for PGM-CET 2012, failing which claim will not be granted and the candidate will be considered as General Category candidate.
c. Certificates / Documents to be brought on the day of Preference form filling & Counselling: (All the Originals & One set of attested photocopies)
i) Admit card/Receipt-cum-identity card.
ii) PGM-CET-2012 Marksheet
iii) Nationality certificate/valid passport or School Laving Certificate of HSC/12th Std. indicating the nationality of the candidate as Indian
iv) Certificate of Age (SSC Passing Certificate/Valid Passport)
v) First, Second, Third MBBS Marksheets (Final Part-I & Part-II wherever applicable)
vi) Attempt certificate of all MBBS examinations from the Head of the Institution.
vii) MBBS degree/passing certificate.
viii) Internship completion certificate from University or the Head of the Institution/certificate indicating likely date of internship completion from the Head of the Institution.
ix) Registration certificate of Maharashtra Medical Council or other State Medical Councils in India/MCI.
x) Certificate from Head of Institute showing that the Medical College/ Institute from which the candidate has passed MBBS examination is recognized by Medical Council of India.
xi) Medical Fitness Certificate.
d. All the candidates who have filled the preference form and to whom a seat could not be allotted in the round will be held eligible for allotment of a seat in the subsequent Round(s). After the first Preference Form round, Competent Authority may conduct subsequent preference round(s), based on the same preference form.
e. The eligibility of the candidate shall be determined and/or decided for all purposes including for applicability of all these Rules and Regulations by considering the last date of submission of Preference Form as the cut off date.
f. The Competent Authority will issue notification of final round by Personal Counselling in the news papers and on DMER website indicating the schedule of selection process. There shall be a final round for allotment of seats remaining vacant after completion of the earlier rounds of allotment of seats by way of preference forms. This final round of allotment of seats shall be conducted by way of personal counseling instead of allotment on the basis of preference forms
and there will be instant seat allocation.
DMER PGM CET 2012 Admit Card1 The Admit Cards will be issued at the Notified Centers where the candidate has submitted his/her application form, from 20/01/2012 to 27/01/2012.
2 Issue of Admit Card is merely an enabling document for appearing at the PGM-CET and does not imply that the candidate satisfies all the requirements of eligibility conditions of admission.
3 In case of loss of Admit Card, it shall be obligatory on the part of candidate to procure duplicate Admit Card by paying fees of 500/- from the office of the concerned subcenter in charge not later than 1 hour before the commencement of examination, on production of Receipt-cum-Identity Card/sufficient evidence to prove that he/she is the genuine/bonafide examinee.
DMER PGM CET 2012 Exam CentresCentres of examination for PGM-CET 2012 conducted by DMER (Directorate of Medical Education & Research) Mumbai are :
DMER PGM CET 2012 CollegesHere is given list of Colleges accepting PGM CET 2012 score for admission into MD, MS, Diploma programs.
- Grant Medical College , JJ Hospital Compound, Byculla, Mumbai - 400008
- Lokmanya Tilak Medical College, Sion, (W), Mumbai - 400 022
- Seth G.S. Medical College Parel, Mumbai - 400 012
- Topiwala National Medical College , B.Y.L. Nair Ch. Hosp.,Dr.A.L. Nair Road , Mumbai Central, Mumbai - 400 008
- K.J.Somaiya Medical College &Research Center, Somaiya Ayurvihar Complex Eastern Highway, Sion, Mumbai - 400022
- Mahatma Gandhi Missions Medical College, Sector - 18, Kamothe, Navi Mumbai - 09
- * Pad. Dr.D.Y.Patil Medical College, Vidyanagar, Sector 7, Nerul, Navi Mumbai
- Terna Medical College & Hospital Sector-12, Telase II, Nerul, Navi Mumbai - 400 706
- Rajiv Gandhi Medical College & Cht.Shivaji Maharaj Hospital, Kalwa,Dist.- Thane - 400 605
- B. J. Medical College ,Pune - 411 001
- * Pad. Dr.D.Y.Patil Medical College for Womens, Opp. H.A. Factory, Pimpri, Pune - 411 018
- Maharashtra Institute of Medical Education & Research Medical College, Talegaon General Hosp.,Talegaon, Dhabade, Pune - 410 507
- * Bharti Vidyapeeth Dental College, Katraj, Dhankawadi, Pune - 411 043
- Dr.D.Y.Patil Education Societys Medical College , Kasba Bawda, Kolhapur - 416 006
- Dr.Vaishampayan Memorial Medical College , Infront of District Court,Solapur - 413 003
- Government Medical College, Pandharpur Road, Miraj, Dist. Sangali - 416 410
- * Rural Medical College, Post Loni,Tal - Shrirampur, Dist - Ahmednagar - 413 736
- N.D.M.V.P. Samajas Medical College, Vasantdada Nagar, Adgaon,Nashik - 422 003
- Shri. Bhausaheb Hire Govt. Medical College, Mumbai-Agra Highway, Chhakarbardi Campus, Near Residency Park , Dhule - 424 301
- A.C.P.M. Medical College, Hutatma Shri. Shirishkumar Nagar, Opp.Jawahar Soot Girni, Sakri Road, Dhule - 424 001
- Government Medical College, Hanuman Nagar, Nagpur - 440 003
- Indira Gandhi Medical College , Central Avenue Road, Nagpur - 440 018
- N.K.P. Salve Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center, Near CRPF Camus, Digdoha Hills, Hingan Road, Nagpur - 440 019
- Dr.Panjabrao Alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh Memorial Medical College, Shivaji Nagar,Amravati - 444 603
- Shri. Vasantrao Naik Government Medical College ,Yavatmal - 445 001
- Government Medical College, Panchakkar Road, Aurangabad - 431 001
- Government Medical College, Vazirabad, Nanded - 431 601
- Swami Ramanand Teerth Rural Medical College, Ambajogai, Dist. Beed - 431 517
- Mahatma Gandhi Missions Medical College, N-6, CIDCO, New Aurangabad - 431 003
- M.G.I.M.S. Medical College, Wardha
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Medical College Out of Maharashtra State